Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

News Of OregonNews Of Oregon

Oregon News

Camper Fire on Hunnell Road Determined to be Accidental

Photo courtesy of Bend Fire and Rescue

BEND, Ore. – At 3:50 pm on January 21, Bend Fire & Rescue crews responded to a report of a small camper on fire on Hunnell Road just north of Cooley Road. Arriving units found the pickup-style camper fully engulfed, but were able to quickly extinguish the fire without it spreading to other vehicles or adjacent brush. The total loss is estimated at $1,500.  

The occupant of the camper, who was unidentified, left the scene prior to the fire department’s arrival. On investigation, the fire was determined to be accidental in nature and related to smoking inside the camper.  

When the first fire crews arrived, they found that another motorhome was parked directly in front of the fire hydrant. Bend Fire & Rescue would like to remind drivers to never park blocking a fire hydrant; in fact, Oregon law prohibits parking within 10 feet of a fire hydrant. Please help your first responders by keeping hydrants clear and unobstructed at all times. 

For more safety tips, visit our website at



Appliances and More