Kansas City, Mo. – (Release from Eastern Oregon University Athletics) The NAIA released the results of the latest Women’s Wrestling Coaches’ Top 20 Poll Thursday morning. Eastern Oregon University moved up one spot nationally, coming in at No. 14 in this week’s rankings.
EOU has wrestled three times since the last ranking. The Mounties went 1-1 in team duals, taking a huge win over Linfield University, 42-6 on Jan. 29. Eastern had a strong individual showing at the Grand View Open, achieving four placements.
Morgan Shines returns to the top 20 rankings. All individual rankings are listed below.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the five conferences.
- Two days prior to the national poll, each qualifying group rater submits the top six individuals from each weight class in his conference into the system. Only wrestlers listed on a conference ballot are considered for the national ballot.
- The top 20 individuals in each weight class is based on how each voter ranks the best individuals. An individual receives 20 points for each first-place vote, 19 for second place and so on through the list. This same point system is used to determine the team ranking.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”