Kansas City, Mo. – (Release from Eastern Oregon University Athletics) The NAIA released the results of the latest Women’s Wrestling Coaches’ Top 20 Poll Thursday morning. Eastern Oregon University remained at No. 14 nationally.
EOU has not wrestled since the last NAIA Top 20 poll. The Mounties will be back in action Sunday, Feb. 26 to host the Cascade Collegiate Conference Championships.
Morgan Shines had the biggest jump in the individual rankings, moving up eight spots in the 143-pound division to No.12.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the five conferences.
- Two days prior to the national poll, each qualifying group rater submits the top six individuals from each weight class in his conference into the system. Only wrestlers listed on a conference ballot are considered for the national ballot.
- The top 20 individuals in each weight class is based on how each voter ranks the best individuals. An individual receives 20 points for each first-place vote, 19 for second place and so on through the list. This same point system is used to determine the team ranking.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”