Work begins on the McAlister Road Bridge over Interstate 84 in La Grande the week of March 14.
Work at this site is part of a larger project that includes six interstate bridges. ODOT will upgrade bridge rails to current standards, repair and seal deck surfaces, and perform other necessary repairs. Traffic impacts will vary for each location. ODOT will provide detailed information a couple of weeks prior to starting work. The construction at all locations is anticipated to be completed by the end of November.
- Site 1: 2nd Street Bridge over I-84.
- Site 3: McAlister Road Bridge over I-84.
- Site 4: Upper Perry Bridge (bridge over I-84 at Exit 256 eastbound).
- Sites 5 and 6: Exit 259 freeway on-ramp and off-ramp bridges.
- Site 2: OR 86 Bridge over I-84 (Exit 302 interchange in Baker).
NOTE: Site number does not reflect the order in which work will be performed.
During construction on the McAlister Road Bridge, you can expect:
- Delays up to 20 minutes.
- Crews are scheduled to work Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Times are approximate, and crews may work longer depending on specific tasks.
- Work at this location is anticipated to finish the end of June.
Motorists are encouraged to use alternate routes to avoid congestion.